We have brought back our online library skills workshops with an expanded schedule!
All of the workshops are offered on weekday evenings (mainly Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 6:30 to 8pm.) They take place via a web conferencing tool called Elluminate. There is nothing for you to download, although your browser will automatically install a plug-in. All you need is a broadband internet connection plus one of the above:
- computer speakers and microphone
- an earphones/mic headset
- a phone (once you log in, we will give you dial-in info.)
We are offering two main workshops:
- Intro to Searching, which covers the basics of where to find library resources and how to do keyword searching effectively
- Citing Your Sources, which covers making in-text citations and a bibliography in any of the required styles (APA, MLA, etc.)
and also a special topics workshop:
- Intro to RefWorks – RefWorks is our online citation manager, a powerful tool that can help you save and organize all your research information, and insert perfectly formatted citations into your Word documents!
Sign up and find out more here: http://tinyurl.com/cynkkg