Recently, the New York Times changed their access policy. Full access to articles on their website requires a subscription. Home delivery subscribers continue to have full access in print, online and smartphones. Those who do not subscribe to home delivery will have access to up to 20 articles each month. This includes slideshows and videos. Once you exceed that limit, you will be asked to subscribe digitally. For more information on this, please visit The New York Times
Fortunately, the Empire State College library has access to the New York Times through some of our databases. We have full text access from 1851 to 3 years ago available in New York Times Archive by Proquest and from 1980 to present in New York Times by Proquest.
How to find New York Times Archive and New York Times to access them through the library:
- Go to the library homepage at www.esc.edu/library
- From there, select Newspaper Articles.
- Scroll down until you find the titles for New York Times Archive and New York Times.
Please note: You will be asked to login with your Empire State College login ID and password.
How to create a permalink to a New York Times article in Proquest:
- Click on the title of the article.
- When in the article view, scroll down to the Indexing Details.
- Copy the Document URL exactly as shown and paste it where you want to share the link.
Please note: These articles will only be available to those with active Empire State College login accounts.