We have many databases through EBSCOHost and a great feature they have is the folder. You can add articles to a folder to save for later but it is important that you create a personal account if you want these articles to be saved when you return to EBSCOHost. Once you create a personal account, any items that you save will automatically go into your folder for you to be able to access them easily later. You will be able to use the same personal account in any of the EBSCOHost databases at the library because this EBSCOHost login works for all of their databases.
How to create a personal account:
- When you are in EBSCOHost, click Sign In on the top of the screen.
- From the Sign In Screen, click the Create a new Account link.
- The Create a New Account Screen appears with Personal Account entered in the Account Type field. Fill in the fields on the Create a New Account Screen. When you have completed the fields, click Save Changes.
- If all the information was accepted, a message appears that says:
Your account has been created
Once your personal account is created and you are logged in, you should see My EBSCOHost.
How to use the folder:
To save articles, click the Add to folder link at the bottom of each article listing. To add all items on a page to your folder, click the Alert/Save/Share link and click Results (1-50) at the top of the menu. Result numbers to be added will change as you page through the list of results.
As you add the articles to the folder, you can click the Folder icon (or the Go to Folder View link) and review which items have been added. The Image Quick View feature provides the ability to view thumbnails of the images in an article right from the Folder screen.
You can print, e-mail, save, or export many results all at the same time using the Tools in the right column.
If you have signed in via My EBSCOHost, any search results that you collect in your folder will be automatically saved at the end of the session.
You can also create custom folders to sort the articles that you save. You can specify which folder you want to save to when you click Add to Folder.
How to create customized folders:
- Click on Folder in EBSCOHost.
- Click on New next to My Custom (see below).
- A form should appear where you can create a folder name and add any notes you would like. Hit Save.
For more information about creating or using a personal account in EBSCOHost or how to use the folders, please visit an EBSCOHost database through the library website at http://www.esc.edu/library and select All Databases by Title. From there scroll to E and choose EBSCOHost. Once in an EBSCOHost database, click on Help on the upper right hand corner and browse for your topic.