RefWorks transitioned into a product called FLOW. FLOW is is available for free to academic users with an esc.edu email address.
Also, Flow has new features that make it comparable to other free bibliographic management services such as Zotero and Mendeley:
- Storage and management of PDF documents
- Sharing collections of references with others
- Saving web content with a single click.
What does this mean to me?
As of June 15, 2014 RefWorks was no longer be available to ESC users.
What can I do if RefWorks is gone?
Start by visiting our webpage at http://subjectguides.esc.edu/CitationTools to see a comparison of the three tools and select the one that best suits your needs or try all of them out and then decide which one you prefer.
Refer to the comparison chart and tabs for each tool, which provide:
- Information on the features of each tool
- Step-by-step directions to create your account
- Links to videos and other help materials
But…my instructor wants me to use RefWorks.
- Let your instructor know that the library has confirmed that RefWorks is no longer available and there are 3 recommended tools you can use instead. Visit http://subjectguides.esc.edu/CitationTools to see a comparison chart.
**Please note that the library does not support these citation tools as they are from 3rd party vendors. Please see the help documentation from the citation tool websites for assistance.**